Serves 4-5 with rice, a salad and softened nann bread.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup panir cubed the same size as the eggplant
- 2 bell peppers, I used orange and red, cut to a size proportionate to the eggplant
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes blended into a sauce (or a can of tomato sauce)
- 1 tbsp ginger paste ( or 1/2 tsp. ginger powder)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 large can or one small can Coconut milk
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and oil or spray with a Pam product. In a large bowl, combine turmeric, garam masala, the ginger, salt, and 1 tbsp. oil add eggplant and panir cubes and toss to cover. Place eggplant and panir cubes on the sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until eggplant is soft.
Meanwhile, add 1 tbsp ghee into a stock pot, add pepper and saute. Add cumin and coriander powder, and tomato. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to cook peppers and let spices mingle. Finally, add cooked eggplant and panir. Fold in the coconut milk.